Tuesday, February 7, 2012

'Our' Desk

A post or so ago I mentioned 'we'd' been lucky enough to be alerted to a desk sitting on the side of the road by one of Danny's colleagues. The guy had put it in the school bulletin hoping someone would collect it, and was actually complaining that no one did, and that he'd left it out on the roadside and still no one had claimed it. Until we came along...

 photo ourdesk_zpsa6c7674e.jpg

There were some serious stains on the top of the desk, and no amount of sanding seemed to be getting rid of them (and I was worried that too much sanding would worsen some of the cracks!). So the plan for a lovely re-stained desk top were thrown out, and the desk sat in the garage waiting paitently while I worked on Jacqueline the Ombre Dresser.

What I really like about the desk is that it comes in pieces. It's really easy to move, so snatching it from the side of the road was easy. Since it is destined for my husbands work station (I have promised not to clutter it too much) he got to choose colour and style (with my input of course!). We did loose a few paint chips in the process ;) but finally decided on Deep Ocean and White. Here he is...

 photo ourdesk2_zps3a777baf.jpg

Our kitchen / informal dining room is big enough to fit the desk and we found a perfect spot for the map of Asia. I'm hoping for a few other items to make the area 'work', but right now, here it is!

 photo ourdesk3_zpsd164dad2.jpg

Now I just need to find the right chair....

I'm sharing at The Haby Goddess, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Primitive & Proper Miss Mustard Seed, Meg & Mum's and Sugar Bee Crafts.

17 comments:

  1. Like the pink dresser, I love the use of two different colours. Catherine, you have been mighty productive these pass few weeks!

    Thanks for joining in Make : Grow : Thrift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie - It's nice to have a few things crossed off the list!

      Delete
  2. I love it -it looks like one of those campaign desks that are so popular right now, especially under that map!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica - I'm a bit in love with the map too!

      Delete
  3. that looks fabulous! i love the black and white and i love the map above it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie - as always appreciate being able to share via your linky party!

      Delete
  4. Wow!! Love the desk. Hi, this is my first time here. I love your entry & blog. I'm your new Linky Follower. I'd love if you follow me too :D

    Thanks
    Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your desk turned out so cute!!! I'm a new follower via L.F. Follow me back if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Allison - thanks so much. Have just followed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am visiting you from the blog hop and am now following you:> Would love for you to stop by and say hi and maybe follow back:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle - Thanks for visiting. I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your desk transformation is great! I looks brand new. I found you via the Blog Hop, I am your newest follower. I would be thrilled if you followed me back.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks great!!! I'm your newest Linky Follower poppin' over from the LFP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following you and would love to have you come by and follow me also. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...