Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stencilled Tea Towels


I love a bit of freezer paper stenciling. I first had a go HERE for Fathers Day, and here we are again!!

This time I made some tea towels (I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere) from navy and white ticking and some plain old white twill. Take my word for it - a pattern is so much easier to work with!! It hides any imperfections

 photo StencilledTeaTowels_zps7e55b508.jpg

I got the freezer paper out for a house warming gift, and picked up some very cute coffee mugs at Kmart to go along with them.

 photo StencilledTeaTowels2_zpsec8641bb.jpg

If you're keen to try it, but haven't before... here's how.

 photo stencilledteatowels3_zpsda2c19db.jpg

Here's a few more inspiring stenciling projects...

 photo stencilledteatowels4_zps587a33d1.jpg


1. Very cool telephone from How About Orange
2. Monogrammed tea towels from Paging Supermom
3. Typographic tea towels from Oh My! Handmade Goodness

Have you tried stenciling? What do you think? I'm considering making some plastic stencils for repeat use so you've made some of your own I'd love to hear about it!!



I'm sharing at
Make Grow Thrift
Tip Junkie
Not Just a Housewife
The Shabby Nest
aka Design 
Sew Many Ways
Too Much Time on my Hands

4 comments:

  1. so elegant and smart looking - clever girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are SO cute!!!! love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh SO cute! i can't wait to try this! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't tried this yet but the results are always stunning and great to give as a gift.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...